Your car's tires affect its ride, handling, traction and safety. Tires are the critical connection between your car and the road in all sorts of driving conditions.
Wy Do I Need This Service?
To maximize tire life and safety, check tire condition and inflation pressure regularly and have the tires rotated and balanced. Tire replacement may be necessary if the tread depth is below the minimum legal requirement, or the sidewalls are severely cracked or punctured. In some cases, tread punctures cannot be repaired.
- Check inflation pressure at least once a month (including the spare).
- Have the tires rotated every 6,000 miles.
- Rotation time also serves as a good opportunity to have the tires balanced. Unbalanced wheels can cause rapid wear of shock absorbers and struts, and wheel balance can change as a result of normal tire wear.
- On full-time four-wheel drive vehicles, a difference of only 1/4 inch between the outside circumference of the front and rear tires can cause expensive damage to the transfer case or center differential. Rotating the tires to keep their sizes equal is critical on these vehicles, and replacing all four tires at the same time, rather than just the front or rear tires, is highly recommended.
- Uneven or accelerated tire wear may indicate an alignment problem. Have your car's alignment checked at least once a year.