A proper and routine tune-up allows your engine to work hand-in-hand with the rest of your car's powertrain. This is how optimum car performance is achieved.
Why Do I Need This Service?
A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions. Modern engines compensate for worn parts to a degree, giving you the sense that everything is fine with your car. A routine tune-up will restore your car to its normal operating state, and contribute to the overall efficiency of the engine and emissions system.
- Based on spark plug type, the replacement interval can range from 30,000 to 100,000 miles.
- Replace any other ignition system and/or emissions system parts that may be needed or recommended.
- Replace the fuel and air filters.
- Adjust ignition timing and idle speeds (if applicable).
- Ensure the onboard computer control system is working properly.